Sunday, January 27, 2008

Isaac in Germany


Isaac is required to update the Rotary District every month. He sent a long epistle to them but I've condensed it to just a few paragraphs for the blog. Isaac is enjoying his experience but is definitely anxious to get back to the St. George Sunshine. Here's what Isaac has to say...
I've been playing on club soccer team here since I think the 3rd week I was here, and its going way good. I get along really good with all the boys and its lots of fun. I feel like I'm getting better too which is always a plus. The last game we played I scored the first goal and it was awesome. It was a sweet because it was the first goal I scored for this team, and in Germany. The team was excited too and so was our coach ha. I'm really glad I was able to find a team to play on over here. and hopefully there will be more goals to follow that one. The weather here is pretty lame, we haven't been in the 50s since who knows and it just barely came up in the 40s. But its always rainy, cloudy, and gray. The last week was also way windy to add to that so the weathers not the best. But I now have a sweet new jacket! that helps out with all that haha. At soccer its way different because I play in like jogging full leg spandex, then my shorts and socks over those, a long sleeve jersey, and like gloves haha. Instead of the normal st. george stuff where your trying to wear the least amount of clothes allowed while playing. I went snowboarding with my host family last weekend and it was amazing. It was my first time every snowboarding and it was so cool. I think I'm kinda addicted to it now because its all I want to do and luckily were going again this wednesday! I can't wait. I decided snowboarding is the only thing cold weather is good for. And I will have to figure something out when I'm back in st. george where it doesn't snow, because I definitely want to continue snowboarding after this. I guess there is Brian Head that isn't too far away.

No comments: