Tuesday, October 4, 2011


I have mounds of homework to do but I'm way overdue on a blog update so I'm delaying my deadlines to catch up on the blog.

First of all, thanks to all of you who continually ask about Ammon. We continue to feel your love and concern and your prayers continue to work miracles in his behalf. Ammon started sitting in the Hyperbaric Chamber at the IHC wound clinic on September 6th. He goes every day for two hours. Sadly we do not have pictures. 

I've often thought how much better it was when he was in Flagstaff and I could leave the world of work and school behind every weekend. When I was in Flagstaff I could devote my entire focus to his care. While it is wonderful to have him home in St. George, I am surrounded by all the responsibilities of daily living and I am unable to attend doctor appointments or the hyperbaric chamber when he goes.

As a result I get visits and phone calls at work. Yesterday Ammon showed up at work stood in the doorway of my office and said, "look ma...no crutches." It was a time to celebrate. Of course I pulled out my phone and clicked a few photos. He ran up and down the hall, did a few karate kicks and showed me how the new boot works. Pretty awesome! I warmed up some soup for him and he ate at my desk while I continued to work. Then he was off to hang out with his friend and I was back to work. 

Doctors are impressed by the miraculous speedy recovery and healing that is taking place for Ammon. We know it is through the power of the Priesthood and the prayers offered in his behalf that he is alive and he has a leg. There is no greater joy than to remember the first phone call from Matt and then to see where he is now. He is alive and he has his leg. There are not words to describe the gratitude we feel for the ability to experience Ammon's positive perspective on life every day. 

A couple of weeks ago Ammon surprised Karamea as he traveled up north. She sent this beautiful picture of the two of them. 

Now we look forward to the return of our missionary in six weeks time. This thanksgiving will be filled with the sweet sound of Love At Home. This was the scene in my home two years ago and will be the scene in my home in six weeks. The joy in my soul cannot be explained in words.

No comments: